Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Vacation and Stuff

Every year we go on a vacation for me and my Mom in honor of our birthdays. But about a week or two before our vacation we were waiting in line at the Costco gas station and Mom was just commenting on the fact that we hadn't been having much car trouble when a muffled explosion coming from under the hood of our car announced that our radiator had blown up, forcing us to abandon our plans for that evening and get towed home as well as buy a new radiator and install it. Needless to say, we were pretty disappointed when this happened. But I tried to convince myself that God had a good reason for it--somehow. Well, when Grandpa helped Dad fix the car, he also helped us fix the fan that had been malfunctioning and had thus allowed our radiator to get too hot. Now we have a switch in the car that must be turned on when we start the car and turned off before we get out. Here's the awesome part: on our way to the beach (the destination for out trip was Depoe Bay) we had to go through Tigard with a lot of stop and go traffic that would most certainly have blown our radiator as many times as necessary to keep us from going on vacation at all! Get it? If our radiator hadn't blown at the gas station a mere twenty miles from home then it would have blown up while we were in Tigard (about twice as far away from home) and successfully canceled our birthday trip (or at least horribly and disgustingly delayed it)! God is good all the time!

When we got to the hotel we were pretty sick of sitting in the car (at least I was, my knees were killing me!) and were very glad to get out and get into the room. Here is a picture of Judah unpacking his stuff in our room.








On my birthday we went and looked at some of the tourist shops and went to the dock to look at sea lions while they took their neverending beauty sleeps (which, in my opinion, have no positive effect on their appearance), there was a baby sea lion sleeping next to it's mom, he was actually kinda cute.











 One of the lions looked like something had cut into his neck, wonder what it was? Sorry the picture's not rotated the right way, blame blogger for not being photo friendly enough.

I'm pretty sure this one is out of order, but it's a cool picture anyway. :-) Sunsets over the ocean are amazing if they're visible.
 This the birthday cake Mom made for me and Judah and I helped decorate.
Thanks Mom!














If you're ever in the Depoe Bay area and want a good place to find agates then go to Fogarty Creek. Sorry, no directions will be found here, good luck finding it! hahaha!!!!!
 This is a sign beside a book store called 'Roberts Books' and this sign reserves a spot for the owner, I thought it was funny enough to take a picture of.


 I noticed this while I was looking for agates and thought they were pretty interesting. If you use your imagination (if it's anything like mine) the cracks in these rocks can look like a network of huge canyons. Amazing.


There were a lot of amazing splashes we could see from our room, some of them were close to three stories high!


 Judah and I had a lot of fun building forts and putting "star wars guys" on them and knocking them down. I think we had more fun than they did.


 These last two were taken May 18th and I thought I would include them. I'm hoping to sell prints of the top one.
 Over all our trip was very nice, we found lots of agates and got to play lots of games together...Thank God that he provided a way for us to get there by allowing our radiator to blow up! God bless.

3 comments:

  1. God IS good! :) Thanks for sharing about our trip. I enjoyed reading and seeing the pics too. Good job! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Jeremiah! Nice pictures and great writing.

    ReplyDelete