Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Map-Building

Well, I said in my last post that I am going to build a fantasy world. It's named after the "main" nation in it: Vosmerre.
So I have been doing a lot of thinking and have been having a great time envisioning my world, but I realized I would need to make a map. I thought it would be neat to draw it by hand, but I was afraid it might take weeks to do and then I wouldn't even like the result; so I decided to buy a map making program called Campaign Cartographer. After I build the map in this program I might try to hand draw it too.

Here is a map of an island called Furim I made after watching a bunch of tutorials:
I really like this program and recommend it to anyone interested in that kind of thing.

If you have any ideas that you think might help with my map or world, please put them in the comments below. :-) Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment